Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty Consultation – Patient History, Issues and Concerns
The patient was a 29-year-old mother of three children with twins aged four and a 14-month-old baby. She lived a healthy life but had experienced changes in the volume and shape of her breasts following breastfeeding that were causing her concerns. She consulted with Dr Hunt with a view to increasing her preoperative A-cup to the C/D-cup she desired via bilateral breast augmentation mammoplasty – Case Study of Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty.
Dr Jeremy Hunt performs Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty Procedure
On examination, the patient was a valid candidate for a bilateral breast augmentation mammoplasty. During the consultation process, Dr Hunt and the patient chose to use a cohesive silicone gel anatomic or tear drop shaped implant inserted underneath the pectoralis muscle via an incision in the infra-mammary fold so as to hide the scar. Her surgery was performed as a day only procedure.
Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty Case Study: The Results
The outcomes shown are only relevant for this patient and do not necessarily reflect the results other patients may experience, as results may vary due to many factors including the individual’s genetics, diet and exercise.
Customising Your Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty
Patients consider a breast augmentation mammoplasty to increase the volume or cup size of their breasts.
The procedure needs to be tailored to each individual patient’s needs and in the decision-making process, decisions will be made with regard to:
- Location of the incision, be it in the fold under the breast, around the nipple or in the armpit.
- Location of the implant, be it in front of the pec muscle, behind the pec muscle or in a dual plane position combining part of the implant under the muscle and part of the implant under the breast tissue.
- The implant shape will need to be determined to be a round implant or a teardrop or an anatomic-shaped implant, and this will be decided by patient preference.
- The implant fill will either be a silicone-filled implant or a saline-filled implant, which will offer different properties and again is discussed with the patient, so the patient can make an informed decision.
- Implant volume. During the consultation process, we use an implant sizing system, so that patients can understand what particular volume of implant will achieve what type of appearance when placed into a bra on their body and frame. We find this is the most helpful for patients and they will often try on different sized implants a number of times as well as bring a family member or take photographs in their favourite items of clothing.
This process then ensures that each patient who undergoes a breast augmentation mammoplasty has a tailored operation to suit their needs and expectations.
Case Study of Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty – Dr Jeremy Hunt
Further Reading – breast surgery Patient Case Study
- Patient Case Study of Large Breast Reduction Mammoplasty # 1
- Patient Case Study of Breast Enlargement Mammoplasty # 2
- Patient Case Study of Breast Mastopexy with Augmentation Mammoplasty
- Patient Case Study: Breast Mastopexy with Augmentation Mammoplasty # 2
About Dr Jeremy Hunt – Plastic Surgeon
He is a member of FRACS & ASPS and has over 20 years of experience providing cosmetic and plastic surgery in Sydney.
Careful, considerate and honest, Dr Jeremy Hunt works with you to find a solution that is suitable for your body and your lifestyle. Every patient is unique and requires a personalised approach to reach their goals.
Dr Hunt has provided his one-on-one service and attention to detail to thousands of women and men from the Sydney & Wollongong NSW area and across Australia.
Dr Hunt’s qualifications and education
Dr Jeremy A. Hunt MBBS FRACS graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine degree from Sydney University in 1990 and is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and member of ASPS – the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons. He completed a Fellowship at the University of Texas in the United States, where he learnt from well-established and experienced plastic surgeons.
Next Step – Make an Enquiry or Request a consultation with Dr Hunt
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call on 1300 157 200 or contact us
If breast augmentation mammoplasty is something you’re considering, Dr Hunt can thoroughly explain all the options to you in a one-on-one consultation.
- Make an Enquiry or Request a consultation with Dr Hunt
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health professional.