These are strange times and we are extremely thankful we’re still able to see patients at the clinic and to carry out all procedures. That being said, we have been closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation and want to assure you, we have been taking extra precautions the last couple of months to protect our patients and our team.
What you need to know before booking or attending an appointment
To assure we keep our space safe for everyone, please answer these pre-appointment survey questions
• In the last 14 days, have been overseas or in any Australian hotspots?
• Have you been in contact with someone who is unwell, is self isolating or has a confirmed case of coronavirus?
• Are you unwell in any way, with cold or flu symptoms like a sore throat, fever, a cough, shortness of breath or loss of smell?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please hold off booking an appointment or reschedule your existing appointment for everyones safety.
What you need to know when you visit the clinic
We encourage patients and visitors to follow these guidelines issued by NSW Health:
• Use hand sanitiser before visiting the clinic and the one in reception on arrival
• Wear a mask
• Confirm with our team that you are feeling 100% well
Our team has the CovidSafe app and we ask visitors to download it and enable the app so it’s running during your visit so we can protect each other.
Do we offer virtual consults?
Ideally, it’s best to attend appointments in person so you can meet with Dr Hunt and discuss your goals, future procedure and to undergo an examination, if necessary. That being said, we are happy to offer virtual consults for those who are unable to travel at to the clinic at this time. For more information on this service, please contact the clinic.
The clinic is open from 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday. Please call (02) 93271733 if you have any questions.