Breast Augmentation Sydney - Breast Implants NSW
Are you considering breast augmentation with Breast Implants?
Breast enlargement surgery with Breast Implants is Dr Jeremy Hunt’s most popular procedure and the most popular cosmetic surgery in Australia.
That’s because so many women want to be able to wear the clothes, underwear and swimwear that they love – and to feel sexy in it. To be more symmetrical and even.
To be curvier. To restore the size, shape, position and firmness of your breasts after pregnancy, weight loss or ageing – or to achieve a shape you’ve never had.
Whatever the reason you’re considering breast implants or a boob job, Dr Hunt will take the time to talk you through all your options at your personal one-on-one consultation at his practices in Edgecliff, Sydney and Wollongong NSW
Benefits of Breast Augmentation with Implants Surgery
Breast augmentation with implants is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures performed worldwide. There are multiple benefits associated with undergoing this procedure. Among them we can mention:
- Breasts that are more proportionate to your body frame
- Bigger, more voluptuous breasts
- A better-looking cleavage
- Increased self-confidence
Watch Dr Hunt discuss the Benefits of Breast Augmentation with Implants (click link)
About Breast Implant surgery
Your Breast Implant Options
There are many different types of breast implants available.
Different Brands and Implant Fillings, Smooth, textured… Round, teardrop… High, moderate or low profile… Many choices to be made.
Dr Jeremy Hunt will help you decide on the best breast implants for your body shape & goals. He will talk you through all your options when it comes to choosing your breast implants.
We also recommend you visit the TGA website to learn more about the slight risk of BIA ALCL.
Whichever you choose, you can feel secure knowing that Dr Hunt uses only the best quality breast implants available – Motiva Implants & Mentor Implants.
Choosing the Best Breast Implant Size
Breast Implants come in a range of sizes from 100cc to 800cc in Australia. the most popular implant sizes are around 300cc.
Picking the right size implant for your breast shape and body contour is vital.
During your consultation with Dr Hunt, you will try on bras with implants in order to get a really good sense of what your new breasts will look like on your body and to help you achieve your dream results.
Breast Implant Placement
Your implants can be placed in front of the muscle, behind the muscle or in between – dual plane placement. Placing a breast implant in the subpectoral plane – behind the muscle – results in a more natural sloping of the breast, whereas implants in front of the muscle often have a more pronounced roundness and enhanced look.
Dual plane placement is the best of both. It all comes down to your personal preference, and Dr Hunt will be there to guide and support your decision as each breast surgery approach has different benefits.
The Surgical Incision Site
You have three choices for your incision site: under the fold of your breast (the inframammary fold or IMF) and less commonly, around the nipple (periareolar), or very rarely, through the armpit (transaxillary). Each of these sites has advantages and disadvantages in terms of how well your scar will be hidden, and most women have an immediate preference.
Dr Hunt will explain the pros and cons of each incision site and answer any questions you have until you feel ready to make your decision.
Breast Augmentation Results
Download Dr Hunt's Guide
Cosmetic Breast Surgery Guide
The ultimate Cosmetic Breast Surgery Guide has been created by Dr Hunt and his team as a useful tool to help you plan and consider this procedure.
Throughout the guide, we will discuss the ins and outs of different types of Breast Surgery, from what makes an ideal candidate, to pre-surgery planning answers to the most frequently asked questions received from real-life patients.
Dr Hunt answers your Concerns about Breast Augmentation
What will the Breast Augmentation scars look like?
- All surgery leaves scars but breast augmentation scars are small and will fade over time. Dr Hunt will use special techniques like a keller funnel to reduce the length of your breast augmentation scar and will place the scar so that it is not easily seen. Patients prefer a small hidden scar under the armpit (Transaxillary) or under the breast crease (IMF incision). You can also have further scar minimisation treatments with a dermal clinician.
Will I be able to Breastfeed after Breast Augmentation?
- Breast augmentation does not interfere with the communication between the nipple and the breast tissue, making breastfeeding absolutely possible after a breast augmentation.
Will Breast Augmentation cause loss of sensation to the nipple?
- There are techniques to preserve sensation to the nipple which are used in breast augmentation to ensure that patients do not lose sensation.
Does Breast Augmentation interfere with mammograms?
- A breast implant means that the settings for a mammogram need to be altered and this is a common procedure. With altered views, the detection of breast cancer is not usually decreased by the presence of a breast implant.
Do my Breast implants need to be changed after 10 years?
- Breast Implants are NOT lifetime devices. Manufacturers suggest replacing older implants after 10 to 15 years although modern implants can last longer than that. Dr Hunt suggests regular breast implant checkups.
- Implants do not necessarily need to be replaced unless there is a problem with the implant and this may include conditions such as capsular contracture, implant malposition or conditions with breast tissue and the implants are not moving harmoniously.
Will I need more Breast Surgery in the future?
- Yes – you will most likely need breast surgery again in the future. Patients that have undergone weight loss & gain and potentially had multiple pregnancies, children and breastfeeding will usually need further surgery. In these circumstances, the breast tissue and the implant may not be harmoniously moving as one and there may be a need for breast revision surgery. Some patients have a problem with their actual breast implant and need breast implant revision surgery.
- Some patients have surgery to upsize or downsize their implants and some have them removed altogether when they get older.
Biggest Breast Augmentation Mistakes to Avoid
1. Choosing implants that are too big.
In cases where tissue is particularly thin, the expectation that this tissue will carry a particularly large implant may be a solution in the short term but not a solution in the longer term and patients may find that a particularly larger heavy implant drops over time. I would encourage patients to think about their result being a long-term one when deciding what size they would like to achieve as larger volumes often require revisional surgery in the longer term.
2. Choosing implants that are too small
It is not uncommon for patients to undergo a breast augmentation from a small cup size to a more modest cup size and then wish they had gone even larger. Consideration does need to be given to this before undergoing the procedure and there should be multiple consultations to ensure the patient and the surgeon have a clear understanding of the patient’s expectations so as to avoid any need for revisional surgery.
3. Just having a Breast Implant when you really need a Breast Lift or Lift with Implants
In cases where the breast tissue has diminished following weight loss or pregnancies and breastfeeding, an implant can be used to reinstate volume. This will achieve a larger breast mound but will not necessarily lift the height of that breast mound. Patients need to be cautious that using a big implant to avoid a breast-lift will result in disappointment in terms of the result achieved.
4. Choosing a very big implant when you really need a Breast Lift
A breast implant will restore volume but will not elevate the height of the nipple. If you stand in front of the mirror and your desire is reflected by putting the hands under the breast and lifting things upwards then you most likely need a breast-lift. Putting in a very large implant can put extra pressure on poor quality sagging skin and make the sagging even worse in the long run.
5. Choosing cheap plastic surgery
Cheap surgery is not the best plan when it comes to your health and wellbeing. Seeking the cheapest breast augmentation Sydney option often means a cut-price procedure done by an undertrained doctor or so-called cosmetic surgeon with less experience, less preoperative planning, less advanced surgical technique, cheapest implants and performed in an unacccredited facility. The best time to get surgery right is the first time. Choose Dr Hunt!
6. Relying on another procedure to fix the problem
The first time is the right time to achieve the best result. Any revisional surgery is unlikely to achieve as good a result as a potentially successful first procedure, so it is critical that the first procedure is performed well by a fully accredited and experienced surgeon to ensure you get the best result in the short and long term.
Watch the animated Video of Breast Augmentation Sydney
Recovery after Breast Augmentation
The recovery period after breast augmentation procedure with implants is different from one patient to the other, but generally takes no more than two weeks. During this time, you can experience a certain level of swelling and even bruising at the level of the operated area. These are normal side effects of the procedure that subside on their own within the next days and weeks following the intervention.
It is best to avoid strenuous physical activities during these first two weeks after breast augmentation with implants surgery, especially activities that entail lifting heavy objects or ample arms movements. Here are more recommendations for the recovery period:
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for at least two weeks
- Keep the incisions site clean and dry at all times
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas, hot baths and pools for a few weeks
- Don’t sleep on your tummy or on your side
- Wear the compression bra at all times
To avoid risks and complications that could occur during the recovery period make sure to follow Dr Hunt’s instructions closely
What can I expect from recovery after a breast augmentation?
Any plastic surgery procedure is going to require a recovery period. The good news is that the recovery from breast augmentation surgery is usually mild.
What to expect in week 1
- Tight skin – Immediately following the surgery, the skin will feel very tight, this is because the skin is not used to having to accommodate the volume of the implant. Over time, the skin will stretch and loosen, allowing the breast mound to be more mobile.
- Swelling – There will be some swelling after surgery and a surgical garment will compress the breasts and combat swelling. The breasts will be quite firm straight after the surgery due to the swelling, and you will appear up to a cup size larger for the first few weeks. This swelling usually resolves after about 6 weeks.
- Bruising – You may experience a fair degree of bruising of the breasts in the early stages of the breast augmentation recovery, this is normal and nothing to worry about and it will fade in the first two to three weeks.
- Pain and Soreness – The breasts may be quite sore for the first few days. You will begin to increase the activities you do over the first week. Most people will be back at work after one week, though lifting heavy objects should not be attempted in the first week. You will be able to resume contact sport after 6 weeks.
- Stitches/Sutures – Dr Jeremy Hunt uses dissolving stitches. The wound will be covered with a waterproof dressing so you can shower the day after surgery.
- Sleep – The first few days after surgery, you will be required to sleep on your back with your head elevated to help with swelling
- Scars – The breast augmentation scars will be pink and tender to touch. Over time they will fade, and scar management including silicone therapy, keeping them out of direct sun light, and massages will ensure that they fade well over time.
What to expect in week 2 to 4
- After the first week of the breast augmentation recovery, your life will be returning to normal.
- There will be less pain, swelling, and tenderness. The breasts will become softer and more mobile. About 50% of the swelling will have resolved, but you need to be patient and wait for all the swelling to go down before going bra shopping.
- You should be able to return to work after just a week off (usually less), and can resume light exercise after two to three weeks. Walking is good but jogging, especially without a tight sports bra, may cause more swelling. Push-ups and chin ups are allowed after 6 weeks
- Nipple sensation will likely be altered after surgery and can range from a decrease to hypersensitivity, this is all perfectly normal. As your progress through the later stages of the breast augmentation recovery, numbness is often replaced by hypersensitivity and then your normal sensation returns. This process can take a number of weeks. Permanent loss of sensation in the nipple area is an extremely rare side effect.
Your Final Breast Augmentation Result
By three to six months after surgery, you should have recovered from all aspects of the procedure. Swelling and bruising should have slowly subsided to almost nothing, your breasts should look even and symmetrical, and the scars should have faded quite nicely, although the scars will continue to fade even more over time.
Breast Augmentation Cost Sydney - How much is Breast Augmentation in Sydney NSW? Implant Prices & Fees
The cost of Breast Augmentation Surgery in Sydney, Australia can vary for each patient depending on the type of procedure, implants chosen, the results you want and the time required in theatre.
Breast Augmentation is a personalised procedure, which means costs will vary between patients. Some patients may need to pair augmentation with other types of breast surgery, such as a breast lift or fat transfer, to achieve the desired result. In other instances, augmentation forms part of a more comprehensive transformation such as a mummy makeover.
Your total cost will include surgeon’s fee, anaesthetist fee, breast implants, hospital fees and surgical aftercare & support. Since this surgery nearly always a purely cosmetic procedure, it won’t attract a Medicare rebate.
During your Breast Augmentation consultation, Dr Hunt will review your medical history, perform a comprehensive assessment of your body & breasts, discuss risks & concerns and provide you with an accurate cost for your breast implant surgery .
Take the next step today
With over 20 years of experience as a specialist plastic surgeon, Dr Jeremy Hunt has built a reputation in Sydney for his ability to get the best results using the most innovative surgical techniques.
Dr Hunt prides himself on providing some of the best Breast Surgery Sydney has to offer. the level of care and attention he offers and that begins from the day of your first consultation.
Join the thousands of happy past patients today by booking a consultation with Dr Hunt at your earliest convenience.
Take the next step to new breasts today
Dr Hunt has worked with thousands of patients across his 20 year career. He is widely regarded as one of Australia’s leading plastic surgeons. With over 20 years’ experience and thousands of happy patients, Dr Jeremy Hunt FRACS is the smart choice for your breast plastic surgery and skin treatments
Dr Hunt has performed hundreds of breast surgeries on women of all ages, from enlargements and reductions to lifts and reconstructions, but the end result is always the same – increased confidence and big smiles. Most women say it is the best thing they’ve ever done for themselves.
Book your personal consultation today to see many more of Dr Hunt’s breast augmentation case studies & patient success stories and discuss what he can achieve for your breasts. Dr Jeremy will ensure you feel comfortable and confident with his caring, down-to-earth approach.
Breast Augmentation FAQs
What's involved with Breast Augmentation?
At your consultation with Dr Hunt, he will evaluate where you are starting from in regards to your breast size, shape, nipple position, skin elasticity and chest width. He’ll then take the time to understand what you are hoping your end result to be, before explaining the surgical technique and implant options available to you. If you decide to go ahead with your breast enlargement surgery, Dr Hunt will perform the procedure at your chosen hospital, under a general anesthetic administered by one of his hand-selected team of anesthetists. Dr Hunt will then insert your chosen implants according to the location and incision site you have discussed, taking every care possible to minimise and hide your scars. Dr Hunt will lift your breast tissue to make a pocket for your implant, either behind your breast tissue or underneath your chest muscle, before centering your implants behind your nipples. All sutures used are absorbable, so you won’t require any stitches to be removed, and no drains will be used. All in all, your surgery will take between one and two hours.
When will I see the end result?
You can usually see the final result of your breast augmentation at around six weeks. Your breast implants will ” drop and fluff ” as they descend into their desired position and post-surgery swelling reduces.
What are the Benefits of Breast Implants?
Should I have Breast Augmentation with Implants?
If you would like to improve your self-confidence, feel more feminine and be confident to wear the clothing – and underwear – that you love, then yes, you’re an ideal candidate for breast augmentation surgery.
It can help you change the shape and size, position, firmness or symmetry of your breasts, and help you achieve a curvier figure.
You may also wish to consider a Hybrid Breast Augmentation or using your own fat to enlarge your breasts – see the Breast Enlargement with your own fat – Fat Transfer to Breasts or Autologous Fat Grafting page.
What is the best Breast Implant Position? – Above the Muscle or Below the Muscle?
Placement of the implant in a subglandular position will allow for a more natural movement of the implant though there needs to be adequate tissue coverage, particularly in the upper pole, to avoid visibility of the implant. Implants placed in a subglandular appearance can create the ‘bolt-on’ look and for this reason, patients often elect to have the implant placed underneath the pectoralis muscles.
‘Dual plane’ is an implant that is placed underneath the pectoralis muscle with part of the implant placed underneath the breast tissue and is probably the most common location technique for implant placement. In my practice, this is my preferred treatment as it creates a natural breast in terms of appearance and mobility.
TOP PLASTIC SURGEON SYDNEY
About Dr Jeremy Hunt
Dr Hunt has worked with thousands of patients across his 20-year career. He is widely regarded as a top plastic surgeon in Australia. This is reflected in his role as Spokesperson for the ASPS – Australian Society of Plastic Surgery. Dr Hunt is also a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) and Supervisor of Plastic Surgery Training at Sydney Children’s Hospital.