While there’s no doubt that having children is one of the most rewarding things a woman can do, there’s also no doubt that it takes a huge toll on your body.
While magazines are full of celebrities flaunting their perfect post-baby bodies just weeks after giving birth, unfortunately the reality is usually very different. For most women, no amount of diet or exercise can restore a tummy or breasts that have been stretched and contracted through pregnancy and breastfeeding. It’s simply beyond the limits of our bodies’ capabilities for natural repair. That’s why so many women are asking for Dr Hunt’s help to get their pre-pregnancy body back – or even improve on it. By combining tummy and breast procedures in one surgery session, a mummy makeover (or post-pregnancy makeover) can have you looking and feeling yourself again in no time. A mummy makeover combines:
Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
Your tummy stretches a huge amount during pregnancy and while it will spring back to some degree after you give birth, unfortunately sometimes this is just not enough. Split abdominal muscles and excess skin can leave you with a pesky “pooch” that no amount of sit ups will shift. The solution is an abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, to leave your stomach looking flat and fab.
- A mini abdominoplasty (or mini tummy tuck) addresses excess skin below the belly button, and leaves a shorter scar.
- An endoscopic abdominoplasty allows skin to be tightened below the belly button as well as tightening muscles, and also leaves a shorter scar.
- A full abdominoplasty involves all of the excess skin below the belly button being removed and the muscles tightened. It can be combined with liposuction to achieve optimal fat removal, and achieves maximum tightening of the abdomen.
Dr Hunt will discuss each of these options with you during your personal one-on-consultation, explaining your options and helping you choose the tummy tuck solution that is right for you. When you’re ready, you can book your consultation here.
Breast surgery (breast augmentation, breast lift or a combination of the two)
Some of women are lucky, and their breasts eventually return to their original pre-pregnancy shape and size after giving birth. However this is absolutely the exception rather than the rule, with most women finding their breasts much bigger, smaller, saggier or softer post-pregnancy. As part of your mummy makeover, Dr Hunt will address these using one of the following techniques:
- A breast augmentation uses a breast implant to restore lost breast volume.
- A breast lift elevates the nipple and tightens any loose skin.
- An augementaion mastopexy combines breast implants with a breast lift to restore volume while putting breasts back in their perfect position.
During your consultation with Dr Hunt, he will talk through each of these procedures to help you determine what’s right for you. Book your consultation here.