A neck lift (platysmaplasty) procedure helps to address concerns associated with a lack of elasticity or tightness of the skin around the neck region.
Your brow or forehead is often one of the first areas to show the signs of ageing. This procedure is common for patients wishing to address the area around the brow and forehead.
Blepharoplasty surgery is a procedure that aims to alter the appearance of the lower and/or upper eyelids, in order to address specific concerns of the patient.
Changing the size, shape or position of your ears through ear surgery (otoplasty) can change your appearance. Otoplasty surgery is often most common among children and teenagers of school age.
Genioplasty surgery aims to alter the appearance of the chin to address concerns related the the facial profile and projection of the chin and jaw.
Nose surgery or rhinoplasty helps to address the appearance of the nose and also correct functional concerns related to breathing and the airways, including the tip to the bridge or nostrils
What is Face Surgery?
Face Surgery is not only about facelifts (rhytidectomy); it is also about eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), as well as chin surgery (genioplasty), and even neck (platysmaplasty) and nose surgery (rhinoplasty). But generally speaking, face surgery is an umbrella term to group all of these surgical procedures.
Face surgery aims to address both aesthetic and functional concerns, such as the signs of ageing, wrinkles, fine lines, and a loss of elasticity of the skin.
Dr Hunt may be able help address a number of specific concerns related to physical features of the face. With the help of surgical or non-surgical procedures, Dr Hunt can work with patients to address these concerns using the most appropriate techniques and practices in order to achieve the desired result.
How is Face Surgery performed?
Face surgery is performed with the patient under general anaesthesia, so this means that you are not conscious during the intervention.
Different procedures involve different surgical techniques. However, what is important to know is that the intention of the incisions are that they are always well-hidden. When it comes to procedures such as face lifting (rhytidectomy), the incisions are performed around the ears or over the hairline, so there are no visible marks left after the intervention.
Why Patients Might Consider Face Surgery
There are multiple reasons why patients might consider undergoing these procedures such as:
- Addressing skin with a loss of elasticity
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines at the level of the face
- Improved aspect of the face
- Altering the contour of the face and neck
- Altering the contours of the eye area
- Changing the proportions of the nose and ears
Recovery after Face Surgery
If you consider getting plastic face surgery then you might be wondering about the recovery period too. Recovery after face surgery is an important part of the process, and you should plan it accordingly. During the recovery period, you will be advised to take time off from work and your usual activities to allow your body to heal and rest. At the same time, you will get a list of recommendations that you should follow to the letter.
The recommendations for after-surgery care are different from one procedure to the other. However, there are certain things that stay the same for all procedures. Here are some of them:
- Don’t smoke for at least two to three weeks after the surgery is performed, as this can lead to unwanted complications such as wound dehiscence and even skin necrosis
- Don’t take medication unless it was discussed with Dr Hunt in advance
- Focus on a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of nutrients to help your body heal faster and avoid fast foods
- Avoid strenuous physical activities during the first few days post-op as they might cause the rupture of the incisions or bleeding
- Make sure to keep the incisions site clean and dry at all times
- Sleep with your head slightly elevated as this could help reduce the swelling that naturally occurs after surgery
To have a fast and uneventful recovery, make sure to schedule and attend post-op consultations with Dr Hunt. Dr Hunt will assess the scarring during these consultations and make sure there are no signs of complications.
Face Surgery Cost Sydney - How much does a face surgery cost in Sydney NSW?
The cost of Face Surgery in Sydney, Australia varies for each patient depending on the type of procedures performed, the results you want and the total time required in theatre.
Your total cost will include surgeon’s fee, anaesthetist fee, hospital fees and surgical aftercare & support.
During your facial consultation, Dr Hunt will review your medical history, perform a comprehensive assessment of your nose and facial features, discuss risks & concerns and provide you with an accurate cost for your face surgery procedure.
or find more information about costs for face surgery on our Surgical Costs page.
Always Do Your Research
- Browse our FAQs page
Book Your First Consultation
- Your Surgeon Consultation Fee is $400
- You will need a Referral from your GP
- Phone the team or email to Book your consultation
Prepare for your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information.
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided.
- Dress in simple clothes as you may need to undress.
- Bring your GP Referral and your test results.