Tip Rhinoplasty Surgery Sydney NSW
Tip Rhinoplasty is a nose job that specifically reshapes the tip of your nose
Nasal tip enhancement surgery or tip plasty can change the shape of the tip of your nose subtly. Yet, it can lead to dramatic changes in your overall look. Tip rotation can bring your nasal tip upward or downward, bringing it to a more desirable angle with your upper lip.
Dr Jeremy Hunt is one of the top rhinoplasty surgeons and tip plasty experts in Sydney, Australia. He offers a tip reshaping rhinoplasty using a variety of unique surgical techniques. He aims to achieve outstanding outcomes through subtle surgical changes, giving you the most natural look possible.
What Is Tip Rhinoplasty?
Tip Rhinoplasty is nose job that targets the tip of the nose specifically. It can be considered a modified and less invasive version of the traditional rhinoplasty. It has several other names:
- Nasal tip reshaping surgery
- Tip enhancement surgery
- Tip rotation surgery
- Nose tip lift
- Tip rhino
Tip reshaping rhinoplasty is not necessarily an independent procedure. It can be done as a part of a full nose job (rhino). Tip plasty itself can involve several surgical techniques that all aim to change the way the tip of your nose looks.
Dr Hunt might remove tissue, implant cartilage, shorten the alae (nostrils), or re-adjust your columella (the column between your nostrils). The goal is to reshape the nasal tip. Any combination of techniques used is considered tip plasty.
Who Needs Tip Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Tip plasty surgery targets the nasal tip specifically. Hence, you’re a good candidate for tip plasty surgery if you feel like the tip of your nose does not look its best.
Nasal tip cosmetic concerns might include:
- Boxy large tip: This is when the tip of the nose is too wide or too round or box-shaped. It makes your whole nose look big and wide.
- Nose tip pointing down: Also called down “rotation” of the nasal tip or “bird beak”. This is when the tip of the nose points downward, like the beak of a parrot. Nose tip reshaping surgery can bring the nasal tip up to a more suitable angle (usually 90 degrees in men and 100 degrees in women).
- Nose pointing up: This is called an “upward” rotation of the nasal tip. The tip of your nose will be brought down to a more natural angle with your upper lip (usually 90 degrees in men and 100 degrees in women).
- Over projected nasal tip: Also referred to as “Pinocchio nose”. This is when the nasal tip is too long and projecting in front of your face.
- Pointy nasal tip: This is when the nasal tip is too narrow and forms a very sharp angle at its end. In such cases, a cartilage implant may be needed to give the tip some volume and shape.
- Bulbous nasal tip: This is when the tip of your nose is round and bulky, causing it to bulge from the rest of the nose. There’s a bump between the bridge of your nose and the tip – no smooth transition.
Tip reshaping rhino can deal with a wide range of cosmetic nose problems that affect the nasal tip. Although the tip is only a small part of the nose, tip enhancement can change the proportions and look of your whole face.
The minimum age to get rhinoplasty or nasal tip surgery is 16 years of age with parental permission and counselling.
What Are The Benefits of Tip Rhinoplasty?
Nasal tip reshaping rhinoplasty has many advantages. Some of the benefits of nasal tip rotation and reshaping include:
- It is less extensive compared to a full rhinoplasty
- Shorter recovery time and fewer symptoms compared to a full rhinoplasty
- Can alter the look of the whole nose
- Can change the proportions and characteristics of your face
- Can make the different parts of your face look more harmonious
- Will improve your facial appearance both on the front and from the sides
- Will adjust your nose according to specific “natural beauty” standards
- Involves subtle surgical changes, and hence more natural-looking results
- Can improve your self-confidence and a more positive body image
You would be surprised when you see how much overall cosmetic improvement tip rhinoplasty has to offer. It can change the way your whole face looks, and the way people look at you.
How Is Nasal Tip Surgery Performed?
Nasal tip reshaping surgery is usually performed under general anaesthesia. This depends on many factors that you can discuss with Dr Hunt and your anaesthetist before surgery.
Depending on your nose, Dr Hunt will either perform an “open approach” or a “closed approach” to reshape the tip of your nose, make it smaller, bigger, and narrower, etc.
The open approach involves a small incision at the bottom of the columella. Dr Hunt can access deeper structures through this incision to remove more tissue and reshape the tip.
The closed approach, on the other hand, involves only a small inner incision done inside the nose. It gives Dr Hunt less flexibility but might be suitable for patients who don’t need too much tissue manipulation.
Sometimes, tip plasty alone is not enough to achieve the cosmetic goals of your nose reshaping surgery. The nostrils (alae), nasal septum, or columella might also require surgery to enhance the shape of your nose.
For example, you may have an over-projecting nasal septum. Hence, septum surgery or full rhinoplasty might be needed to reduce the size of your nose.
Once Dr Hunt has access to the deeper structures forming your nasal tip, he will do one or more of the following:
- Surgical reshaping: If your nose tip is too bulky, Dr Hunt will cut out cartilage and debride your nose to make it narrower. He will shave off any excess tissue and sculpt your nose.
- He will use surgical tools to change how the tip of your nose looks – make it rounder, pointier, wider, or sharper depending on your needs. He can lift your nasal tip up or rotate it down. He can flatten out any bumps and give your nose a smooth continuous contour with a seamless transition between the tip and the rest of the nose.
- Cartilage implant: If you have a narrow, small nasal tip, or a pointy nose, then Dr Hunt might need to augment the nasal tip. To do this, he might use a cartilage implant. This is when he takes soft cartilage from your ear and implants it in the tip of the nose to make it larger and bulkier.
After the surgery is done, Dr Hunt will pack your nose with gauze and you will be woken up.
Recovery after Nasal Tip Reshaping Rhinoplasty
As mentioned before, tip rhinoplasty, if done alone, is less invasive and extensive compared to a full rhinoplasty procedure. So, you should expect fewer symptoms and a shorter recovery time after your tip reshaping surgery.
In general, most of the post op concerns will be significantly better by the end of the first week. These include nasal congestion, nose pain, nasal and facial swelling, and bruising around your nose.
You can usually go back to work after 1 week of your tip lift surgery. During the first few months after surgery, you should avoid any contact and risk sports. Walking and gentle jogging are encouraged.
During your recovery time, you need to avoid touching your nose. Make sure you open your mouth when sneezing and use saline solution to clean the nostrils as needed. Dr Hunt will give you specific post op instructions and aftercare tips after your tip reshaping procedure.
Real Patient Results for Nose Tip Surgery
Tip Rhinoplasty Cost Sydney - How much does tip rhinoplasty surgery cost in Sydney NSW? Prices & Fees
Determining the price for nasal tip reshaping surgery is a little tricky. Nose Surgery can involve a wide variety of techniques. So, the costs depend on what you need exactly done. Whether you need a cartilage implant, septoplasty, alarplasty, turbinoplasty or a full rhinoplasty or not. This all plays a role in determining how much you will end up paying.
Dr Hunt’s team will provide you with an accurate quote after your first consultation
Is tip rhinoplasty covered by Medicare or private health insurance?
Procedures performed for aesthetic purposes only are not usually covered by medicare or health insurance. Unless there is a medical reason like breathing difficulty.
Is Tip Rhinoplasty Surgery Worth It?
Tip Rhinoplasty surgery is worth it for those who need it. A survey of Realself patients showed that 92% of women who get tip rhinoplasty are satisfied with their surgery.
Take the next step today
With over 20 years of experience as a facial plastic surgeon, Dr Jeremy Hunt has built a reputation in Sydney for his ability to get the best results using the most innovative surgical techniques.
Dr Hunt prides himself on the level of care and attention he offers and that begins from the day of first consultation.
Join the thousands of happy past patients today by booking a consultation with Dr Hunt at your earliest convenience.
Dr Jeremy Hunt prides himself on providing some of the best Nose Surgery Sydney has to offer.
Dr Jeremy Hunt Plastic Surgeon
Take the next step today
Dr Jeremy Hunt is one of Australia’s leading specialist plastic surgeons. With over 20 years experience and thousands of happy patients, Dr Jeremy Hunt is the smart choice for your plastic surgery or non-surgical procedure.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health professional.
Considering Tip Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Can you get surgery on the tip of your nose?
Yes. It’s called tip plasty, tip rhinoplasty or tip reshaping surgery. It’s surgery to specifically modify the shape of your nasal tip. It can make it smaller, narrower, more or less projecting, wider, pointier, or rounder. It can lift the nose tip or bring it down.
How long does it take to recover from nose tip surgery?
Tip plasty has a shorter recovery time compared to a full nose job. In general, you can get back to work after 1 week. Full recovery might take 3-4 weeks.
How do I get rid of my bulbous nose tip?
Tip rhinoplasty can help fix a bulbous and bulky nasal tip. Dr Hunt shaves off and cuts the excess cartilage. He can reduce the size of the nasal tip and change its shape.
Is tip plasty easier than rhinoplasty?
In terms of recovery and side effects, tip rhinoplasty is less extensive compared to rhinoplasty. It is less invasive, and hence leads to less annoying symptoms, and the recovery period is usually shorter.
How long does a nose tip lift last?
Nasal tip reshaping surgery is regarded as permanent. If the results are satisfactory, you will not need any future revision surgery. That being said, nose surgery is complex and you need a nose surgery expert.
How long does it take for tip swelling to go down?
Tip swelling usually peaks about 3-5 days after tip reshaping surgery. After that, it starts to decrease gradually until it becomes barely noticeable by 4-6 weeks.
Can you fix a bulbous nose without surgery?
No. The only way to fix a bulbous nasal tip is through tip reshaping surgery (tip plasty). There are no non-surgical or alternative ways to get rid of a bulbous nasal tip.
Is a nose lift safe?
A nasal lift, or tip reshaping surgery, is as safe as any other type of nose reshaping surgery. Liek all surgery, itcan have complications that are usually easily manageable.
Can my nose tip be reduced?
Yes. Tip rhinoplasty can reduce the size of the nasal tip. It can reshape it, and make it smaller.
Why is the tip of my nose split?
This means that the cartilage forming the nasal tip is overgrown or deviated. Tip rhinoplasty allows Dr Hunt to shave off the excess bulging cartilage. This achieves smooth continuity between your tip, nasal bridge, and the rest of your nose. No obvious bumps and splits.
What is a boxy nasal tip?
This is when the tip of the nose is wide, large, and broad. A boxy nasal tip might appear split from the rest of the nose, with clearly demarcated borders. Nasal tip rhinoplasty can help fix a boxy nose.
What are the Complications and Risks of Tip Rhinoplasty Surgery?
As with any other nose procedure, tip plasty might rarely involve some risks and complications, such as:
- Persistent nasal bleeding
- Nasal septum perforation
- Undesirable cosmetic outcomes
- Need for revision surgery
- Loss of sensation around the nose
- Narrow nasal airway
- Difficulty breathing
These will be explained in detail in your consultation during the informed consent process.
To reduce the risk of complications after tip reshaping surgery, you should choose a certified and experienced plastic surgeon. Dr Hunt has performed hundreds of nose reshaping surgeries during his career.
Further Reading & Medical Sources about Tip Rhinoplasty
TOP PLASTIC SURGEON SYDNEY
About Dr Jeremy Hunt
Dr Hunt has worked with thousands of patients across his 20-year career. He is widely regarded as a top plastic surgeon in Australia. This is reflected in his role as Spokesperson for the ASPS – Australian Society of Plastic Surgery. Dr Hunt is also a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) and Supervisor of Plastic Surgery Training at Sydney Children’s Hospital.