Recovery after Surgery
Recovery after plastic surgery is a vital part of your patient journey
This is the reason why it is crucial to closely follow the instructions of Dr Hunt and his team to have a smooth and uneventful recovery. Follow these tips to avoid a complication that could slow your healing time and affect the final results of the procedure.
Dr Jeremy Hunt is a Sydney Plastic Surgeon offering top Plastic & Cosmetic surgery and a range of non-surgical procedures. Over the years, he has developed special techniques to get the best possible results with minimal scarring.
Keep reading to learn more about what you should do and what you should avoid during the recovery period.
How to get the best results from your Recovery after Surgery
Optimal wound healing after surgery takes a significant effort to ensure your body has all the support it needs. Here are some tips for a good recovery:
- Effective wound care
- Wearing support garments,
- Lots of rest and sleep
- Gentle exercise and movement
- Good nutrition and diet
- Prepare your recovery needs and support team before surgery
- Comfortable clothing with easy access
Post-Recovery Scar Minimisation Treatments
To get an even better-looking incision scar, you can consider things like extra nutritional support supplements, use of Silicon gel or tapes, Dermapen Skin Needling, LED Light or laser treatments.
Things to Avoid During Recovery after Surgery
Some things can cause infection, a suboptimal scar or a poor aesthetic result. The main things to avoid are
- Any form of smoking or vaping – nicotine hinders recovery
- Poor nutrition which can slow healing and recovery
- Excessive Straining or Stress which may over-stretch the wound and result in a poor quality scar
- Exercising too early – before you have fully healed
- Changing your bandages in Non-Sterile conditions which could invite infection
With a sustained recovery effort and support from Dr Hunt’s team, you can get a great-looking scar and enjoy a very comfortable recovery.
Real Patient Results for Plastic Surgery
Read Dr Hunt’s Recovery Info for Your Specific Surgery
- Recovery after Tummy Tuck – Abdo Surgery
- Recovery after Liposuction
- Recovery after Lower Body Lift Surgery
- Recovery after Thigh Lift
- Recovery after Upper Arm lift Surgery
- Recovery after Mummy Makeover Surgery
- Recovery after Massive Weight Loss
- Recovery after Breast Reduction Surgery
- Recovery after Breast Lift Surgery
- Recovery after Male Breast Reduction – Gyno
- Recovery after Labiaplasty
Take the next step today
With over 20 years of experience as a facial plastic surgeon, Dr Jeremy Hunt has built a reputation in Sydney for his ability to get the best results using the most innovative surgical techniques.
Dr Hunt prides himself on the level of care and attention he offers and that begins from the day of first consultation.
Join the thousands of happy past patients today by booking a consultation with Dr Hunt at your earliest convenience.
Dr. Jeremy Hunt prides himself on providing some of the best Plastic Surgery Sydney has to offer.
Dr Jeremy Hunt Plastic Surgeon
Take the next step today
Dr Jeremy Hunt is one of Australia’s leading specialist plastic surgeons. With over 15 years experience and thousands of happy patients, Dr Jeremy Hunt is the smart choice for your plastic surgery or non-surgical procedure.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health professional.
Considering Plastic Surgery?
Is the recovery painful after plastic surgery?
Depending on the procedures you want to get, the recovery period can be associated with a minor or moderate level of pain. Complex interventions such as a Mummy Makeover, or a breast augmentation surgery entail a higher risk of discomfort compared to less invasive procedures such as an abdominal liposuction.
Whatever the case might be, it’s important to know that the Dr Hunt will prescribe medication to alleviate the pain and discomfort.
How long is usually the recovery period after plastic surgery?
The length of the recovery period is dependent on many factors, such as:
- the type of procedure you had
- your health condition before the intervention
- how committed you are to following the indications of the plastic surgeon
- your own healing pace
In plastic surgery there is no one-size-fits-all and this is valid for the recovery period too.
What are the Complications and Risks that can occur during recovery?
If you are interested in undergoing plastic surgery, you should know that there is no risk-free procedure. All surgical and non-surgical procedures are associated with certain potential complications that could occur during the recovery period.
Some of the most common side effects and complications of many procedures are swelling and bruising.